A successful candidate for the Big Data Platform Engineer role will join the highly regarded and global CRCO Data & Technology team, with Zürich branch currently employing 10+ people. This role is located in Wroclaw, Poland. The Team is very diverse in both educational backgrounds and previous work experience. When hiring, we put stress on understanding candidate's past experience and how it can benefit the team as well as identifying potential of an individual that we would look to develop to the maximum.
The role gives you a chance to be part of reshaping the organization: new technologies are being developed in the Agile methodology. Also, as part of the project team you will have opportunity to witness and put in place solutions for effective Risk Management in the Bank. Global environment (teams working in different locations) and complexity of the projects will keep you challenged, and you can always count on support from the local team!
- Foundry Platform Engineering team consis of approx. 10 highly motivated people who are Big Data Platform Engineers who are currently located in Zürich, Switzerland. We are looking for a person who will join the newly created Foundry Platform Engineering branch located in Wroclaw, Poland
There are four types of areas successful candidate needs to be able to handle:
- DevOps / Automation - automate everything; work with project teams and production support to reduce manual efforts
- Enablement of new products functionalities - day to day cooperation with data science product teams to enable new platform capabilities across the platform
- Good programming / scripting skills (e.g. Python, Java, C/C , Scala, Bash, Korn Shell) and understanding of DevOps tools (e.g. Docker, Puppet, Jenkins, GitLab)
- Unix/Linux background is a must
- Script automation experience
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with Architect and Big Data Project teams to work out platform features
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or an equivalent education in related disciplines
- Strong communication skills and ability to deal effectively with people face to face and over the phone
- Experience working in international projects
- Experience working in banking or finance industry (especially in the credits domain)
- Experience working within a matrix-managed environment
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, is a global digital strategy and software engineering firm with about 18,000 international employees within its 44 offices in 21 countries. It is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland.
In 2000, Luxoft was established in Moscow under the direction of Dmitry Loschinin. In 2008 it acquired ITC Networks in Bucharest. In 2013, Luxoft was listed on the New York Stock Exchange, following an initial public offering of 4.1 million shares at $17.00 per ordinary share.
In January 2019, Luxoft was acquired by U.S. company DXC Technology. Luxoft partnered with LG Electronics to create a next-generation Autonomous Mobility concept vehicle that integrates consumers' personalized digital lifestyles into a driving experience. Luxoft enabled Switzerland's first Blockchain based e-vote platform with the City of Zug and Hochschule Luzern's Blockchain Lab.
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company is a world-renowned company. It has been present on the Polish market for over 11 years. We have offices in Krakow, Warsaw, Wroclaw, and Tri-City. We employ almost 2,000 experienced experts carrying out projects for over 40 clients from the financial, automotive, medical, tourist industries, etc. We work for many international clients, including the USA, Great Britain, and Switzerland.
So far, Luxoft Poland has made a name for itself as a company that offers work on innovative projects, we offer various experiences in the field of IT, opportunities for rapid development, an extensive training program, and attractive benefits for employees.
At present, 62% of Luxoft Poland employees come from Poland, and 38% from around 50 countries, including Ukraine, Brazil, Russia, India, Belarus, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Romania, USA, etc.
At Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, as much as 85 percent of employees are experts with the "Senior" experience level, with at least five years of experience. We care about our employees, so every day we try to provide them with the best possible conditions for work and development.
Technology is our passion! We focus on top engineering talent means that you will be working with the best industry professionals from around the world. Because of that, Luxoft is a global family with an epic atmosphere – we love what we do!