The Market Data platform is used to manage and maintain the majority of the instrument market data and reference data used by the company. The team is made up of a Development Team (15+ developers) within allocated scrum teams (Automation Testing, BAU etc), QA Team, BA Team and Project Management.
The base product is based off Alveotech (formally Asset Control), which is a third-party application. The application is built using the core Alveotech functionality as well as Perl, Python, Shell scripting and Java. A scheduler is also used to drive some of the core processes, using Control-m, which is a third-party application. GIT is used as the source control tool along with Jenkins, Nexus and Ansible to manage our deployments and package builds.
The role would be broken down into two hands-on areas
- Build enhancements and/or project requirements using base Alveotech product when possible and sensible, there will be elements of development in other languages such as JAVA APIs and changes to our Control-m scheduler.
- Build enhancements on the BAU Automated Testing and/or develop regression packs (scoped by QA and BA) using our existing Java application with the latest Java SDKs, APIs and frameworks including Cucumber.
The successful candidate is expected to be a self-starter, adaptable, highly communicative, with strong problem-solving analytical skills.
- Build robust Regression Pack requirements into the Test Automation Market Data system
- Build robust project requirements into the Market Data system, using base product where possible and sensible, whilst maintaining a stable codebase.
- Test Automation builds, execution and scripts troubleshooting
- Work closely with the QA and BA team members to understand the functionality and how to test it.
- Document work in Jira, and link to code changes in GIT.
- Update documentation/wiki (support guides, user guides, Solution designs).
- Identify and drive areas of improvement including processes
- Financial or investment banking domain background
- Experience with backend applications and databases
- Degree Educated, preferably in a technical discipline
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Delivery focussed - hitting deadlines, managing expectations, and raising issues early
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to IT, business teams, and senior management
- Experience in using Alveotech (formally Asset Control).
- Experience working in a Market Data Team or similar
- Java 8, Spring, JMS, Cucumber, SQL, Ansible, Shell Scripting, GIT, JIRA, Jenkins
Nice to have
- Control M, Python, Perl, AWS, Nexus
English: B2 Upper Intermediate
- Style guide
- Code review
- Pair programming
- Static Code Analysis
- Code metrics
- Knowledge Base
- Version control: Git, BitBucket...
- Unit tests
- Integration tests
- System tests
- Performance tests
- Manual testing
- Automated testing
- Additional monitor
- Personal container
- Business phone
- OS X
- Methodology: Scrum, Waterfall, Kanban
- Architectural decisions are made by: architects
- Who chooses technology: architect, team
- Project management software: mostly JIRA
- Can switch project
- Healthcare package for families
- Language courses
- Financial bonus
- Healthcare package for athlets
- Benefit System
- Benefit System for Families and Partners
- Cafeteria Program
- Healthcare package
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Car Leasing Program
- Adaptation tips
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Chill room
- Integration events
- Hot beverages
- Cold beverages
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, is a global digital strategy and software engineering firm with about 18,000 international employees within its 44 offices in 21 countries. It is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland.
In 2000, Luxoft was established in Moscow under the direction of Dmitry Loschinin. In 2008 it acquired ITC Networks in Bucharest. In 2013, Luxoft was listed on the New York Stock Exchange, following an initial public offering of 4.1 million shares at $17.00 per ordinary share.
In January 2019, Luxoft was acquired by U.S. company DXC Technology. Luxoft partnered with LG Electronics to create a next-generation Autonomous Mobility concept vehicle that integrates consumers' personalized digital lifestyles into a driving experience. Luxoft enabled Switzerland's first Blockchain based e-vote platform with the City of Zug and Hochschule Luzern's Blockchain Lab.
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company is a world-renowned company. It has been present on the Polish market for over 11 years. We have offices in Krakow, Warsaw, Wroclaw, and Tri-City. We employ almost 2,000 experienced experts carrying out projects for over 40 clients from the financial, automotive, medical, tourist industries, etc. We work for many international clients, including the USA, Great Britain, and Switzerland.
So far, Luxoft Poland has made a name for itself as a company that offers work on innovative projects, we offer various experiences in the field of IT, opportunities for rapid development, an extensive training program, and attractive benefits for employees.
At present, 62% of Luxoft Poland employees come from Poland, and 38% from around 50 countries, including Ukraine, Brazil, Russia, India, Belarus, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Romania, USA, etc.
At Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, as much as 85 percent of employees are experts with the "Senior" experience level, with at least five years of experience. We care about our employees, so every day we try to provide them with the best possible conditions for work and development.
Technology is our passion! We focus on top engineering talent means that you will be working with the best industry professionals from around the world. Because of that, Luxoft is a global family with an epic atmosphere – we love what we do!