In this role, you’ll use your extensive knowledge of PHP and related frameworks like Symfony to improve Survicate surveys seen by over 1,000 people per minute. You’ll engineer for usability, scalability, maintainability, and performance. The release of a new feature makes a huge impact on how easily thousands of companies around the world are able to collect and act upon collected feedback. Fixing even the tiniest bug means improving the user experience for thousands of respondents.
We work in an autonomous, cross-skilled product team that consists of Front-end and Backend Developers, QAs, Product Designers, and Product Managers. We love collaboration, discussing product ideas, creating the best possible solution as fast as possible, and getting it released.
- Architecture: Microservices
- Infrastructure: AWS
- Most of the services are written in PHP7 using the Symfony framework
- Database: PostgreSQL
- Cache: Redis
- Queue: SQS (for background jobs)
- Auto deployments
How We Work
- Work on a high-quality product - the solution we offer has a long-term, stable product vision and a rapidly growing customer base.
- Team with healthy processes - You’ll have a lot fewer meetings, a lot less meaningless communication, and a lot less interruption. Turns out 8 hours is plenty of time to get work done.
- We truly prioritize the right work-life balance - find the rhythm that works for you. If you have to pick your kids up from school or go to a doctor’s office in the middle of traditional working hours, we’re always fine with it.
- We work in small, independent teams - You’ll have a chance to learn about the application architecture and influence the directions in which the application will evolve.
- Friendly & honest atmosphere - we’re looking for people that want to work with us for years, not months.
- At Survicate you'll be working with great people-friendly, talented, original folks. You’ll have a chance to learn from some of the best people you’ve ever met and we’ll get to learn from you
- Working on a product that is used by 30,000 users worldwide
- A small team so you won’t be one of the dozens. Your impact will be felt inside and outside the company
- Experienced, remote-first team with healthy processes. Friendly and time-respectful teammates
- Clean and maintainable code
In a typical week as a backend engineer at Survicate you’ll:
- Write code that will impact thousands of people every day
- Collaborate with front-end engineers to spec, write, test, and deploy code. ● Brainstorm features with product managers and designers and guides decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Maintain the project by regular updates and code housekeeping
- Assist our skilled Customer Success team in triaging bugs and solving issues in production in your primary area
- Learn about and use new web technologies
- Like the work you do, enjoy collaborating with your coworkers, and finish work on time
What do we expect?
- At least 3 years of experience with PHP,
- Good SQL database knowledge,
- Good programming practices,
- Fluent English.
- Leisure package
- Healthcare package