The PHP Developer role
- To continue our quest for greatness, we need to find professional, passionate and talented developers who can work fast and think outside the box – while always keeping an eye out for the details.
- This year's goals include improving our multi-tenant architecture, creating a brand new GraphQL API, and launching a new user interface on a Symfony-based solution.
- Centra provides the infrastructure for brands that want to sell globally and our team works with a global approach at its core.
- We build solutions and solve problems across time zones and believe that perspectives from different backgrounds/cultures drive innovation.
- As a PHP Developer at Centra, you’ll have a direct impact on our product and its future success – no matter where you’re from.
- Headless e-commerce platform for fashion & lifestyle brands
- A portfolio of clients from some of the most renowned fashion brands in Europe (ie. Chantelle, Stronger)
- Secured a €10M series A funding round
- Hybrid work culture (spend 50% of your week in the office and 50% where ever you like to work from )
- Contract flexibility (contract of employment or B2B, you choose)
- A team where you can run your own projects and be trusted with your work
- Workation to leave the office for a couple of days or weeks and combine work with leisure
- Possibility to travel and work between our Stockholm and Wroclaw offices
- Bi-weekly massages in the office
- Luxmed medical insurance plan to keep you healthy
- Multisport Plus card and a pack of fitness buddies to join you on your journey to getting fit and strong
- A non-hierarchical work-environment where you’ll have a lot of impact and space for growth
- A budget for participating in educational programs, meet-ups, and other events related to your profession
What we’re looking for
- An eagerness to work on a big enterprise application handling extreme traffic loads (50/50 maintenance and new features)
- A good understanding of modern PHP and programming standards
- Passion for refactoring and optimization. You need to understand how indexes work in SQL, how to create efficient queries and how to profile and debug your application
- Strong analytical skills
- Team spirit and a good eye for details (useful with code reviews!)
- Down to earth, minimalistic way of coding
Our Backend tech-stack
In order of importance:
- PHP 7.2/7.4
We use the following tools and platforms:
- Jenkins (multi-branch pipeline for CI)
- AWS (Lambda, SQS, S3, Glacier, Route 53)
- …and more
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Language courses
- Financial bonus
- Adaptation tips
- Temporary housing
- Help finding an apartment
- Visa Services
- Money for moving expenses
- Open to Ukrainian candidates
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Integration events
We are a tight-knit, young and professional team located in Poland and Sweden.
We’re shaping the future of e-commerce by building a tech-driven platform that enables Direct-to-Consumer and wholesale e-commerce brands to grow and accelerate globally. We are growing exponentially, and our application is battle- and stress-tested by some of the strongest brands in the business. With over 4 000 000 orders processed last year, and an ability to handle thousands of API calls every second, we aim to go even bigger – with zero limits ahead. We use Redis, Elasticsearch and a lot of caching to produce API endpoints that are performant and hard to kill.
We are looking for people who want to have a real impact. Not only because of the fact, that our platform help with building milions of ecommerce shops - but also because we are trying to create a space where everyone can be heard - with their ideas, needs, comments. Who do their work with passion and look for a good place for development.
In Centra, we trust our employees, we give a lot of freedom in action, and at the same time - teamwork is very important to us.
We will provide you not only ability to work with new technologies, but also amazing atmosphere and time with great people - and it's not only vain promises, or publicity stunt (although our marketing department is also great 😉).