- Mix of manual & automation testing
- Design tests and test plans;
- Develop test approach
- Plan and execute manual testing according to product requirements;
- Execute test cases and update test documentation;
- Analyze business requirements and design documents for completeness and testability;
- Review test failures and determine the sources of problems (test deficiencies, deviation from requirements, etc.)
- Communication with developers, QAs and Change Leads/PMs;
- Deploy test artifact versions onto test environments when required
- Monitoring applications status on test environments
- Build Regression packages per Release
- Design new automation tests, approaches and tools
- Guiding and mentoring regular QA staff
- Development of small features and fixes in Java (when there is no Test Automation in the plan)
- Update and support Automated Test Suite
We are looking for a Strong Manual QA engineer (automation nice-to-have), who can develop and support Tests Cases, automated tests and take over not complicated development tasks, as well as knows how to approach testing. Experience testing/developing back-end applications (WebServices, Databases, Messaging Services, Flat Files, Unix CLI) is highly valuable.
We work with data platforms for clients, trading accounts and instruments within a bank, maintaining data gathering, accumulation, clean up, match and merge, distribution and adoption.
Our project consists of 3 back-end applications, Java- and ETL- based server-side logic; RESTful web services, messaging services (EMS, JMS, ORACLE advanced queuing), ORACLE DB and integrations of all of those components are subject of development and testing in the department.
Wide stack of technologies and tools such as Java and various Java-based testing frameworks (with use of TestNG , JUnit, Spring, httpclient, etc.), Postman etc., most advanced test management and defect tracking systems - JIRA+XRay+Structure.
Agile practices in development and test process, with easy and effective estimation approach and model.
Effective training and people development mechanisms,
Ability to learn and develop communication and analytical skills,
Obtaining of exclusive investment banking and reference data business domain knowledge.
Ability to develop into QA Lead/Technical Lead/Technical Test Manager!
Who we're looking for?
- Very good knowledge of Testing Theory
- Good problem solving skills
- Good knowledge and practical experience of web-applications manual testing (2+ years)
- Good knowledge of SDLC methodologies (Scrum)
- Good knowledge of SQL scripting, Oracle DB
- Knowledge of XML, JSON, WebServices (REST)
- Experience with Unix/Linux CLI
- Experience in requirements analysis
- Good knowledge of defect lifecycle
- Experience with JIRA, XRAY or other Task/Test Cases management systems
- Experience with continuous integration (TeamCity, Jenkins)
- Basic programming skills
- Good written and spoken English: upper intermediate and higher
- Tolerance to routine tasks
- Good communication skills
- Team player, results driven person
- Agile mindset
- Fast learning skills and active explorer style
- Solid Test Automation on Java knowlege/experience
- NoSQL DBs (e.g. Neo4J, Cassandra or other) experience
- Experience with Cypher, Groovy, Shell, Autosys
- ISTQB Foundation or higher level certified