The task of our team is the ongoing maintenance of the application, gradually paying off the technological debt where possible and responding to the current needs of the business. Especially the latter requires an open mind and the ability to look more broadly at things that go beyond our technology.
- participation in conceptual work related to the further development of the application (here, close cooperation with Product Owner and analysts on the client's side) and their ongoing maintenance
- participation in sprint planning and technical task development (backlog refinement), with particular emphasis on the technical description and acceptance criteria
- performing tasks planned during planning, including creating code in PHP, writing unit and functional tests, preparing technical documentation and instructions, code review
- participation in discussions and decisions regarding architecture and technology selection, sharing expert knowledge
- cooperation with the team: 3 programmers, tester, Product Owner, 2 DevOps
Required skills, technologies and experience:
- common sense and natural problem-solving abilities
- be one smart cookie, because the domain is not easy to understand
- good level of English (at least B2) - we cooperate with people from Poland, Norway, and Portugal and the client is from the United Kingdom
- very good knowledge of PHP7 OOP, supported by at least 5 years of commercial experience (the more the better)
- experience in working with legacy code and systems processing a large amount of data
- experience in code review (we believe it’s a crucial skill both for the code creator and the reviewer)
- software architecture: SOLID, GRASP, TDD, Design Patterns, clean code, clean architecture (all you need to know in order to understand how to pay the technological debt)
- MySQL / MariaDB - SQL, indexes, foreign keys, JOINs
- GIT - work with repo on daily basis, nothing extraordinary
- experience with CI / CD (GitLab, Jenkins)
- Laravel - at least the level presented on laracasts.com
The system itself is a group of applications written in CodeIgniter 3.x and Laravel 5.x (underneath is MariaDB + MariaDB ColumnStore). These applications help customer analysts work efficiently with millions of data records in the field of supply chain management. Carried out with the help of the industry-recognized authority, Event Storming with customer experts showed that the domain is vast and deep, so you will definitely not be bored :) The infrastructure stands on AWS and is described in Ansible and Terraform, and for the deployment will be responsible Jenkins (work in progress). Tableau is also part of the technological stack, for which our DevOps team is technically responsible.
- Code review
- Version control: Git
- Unit tests
- Additional monitor
- OS X
- Methodology: Scrum
- Architectural decisions are made by: Team
- Who chooses technology: Team
- Developers: 3
- Testers: 1
- Project management software: Jira
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Language courses
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Integration events
- Bicycle parking
Frontkom empowers businesses and impactful organisations to discover and leverage digital opportunities. We help people adopt technology for growth, innovation and positive world impacts. We’re a team of over 70 specialists - designers, developers and business consultants supporting each other, working in a collaborative, international environment, and championing diversity. We support the free and open web and work with Drupal, WordPress, Laravel, JS and many more technologies.
These are our values:
- We deliver sustainable value. Understanding our clients business goals drives the value we deliver. We put the end user first and believe that great customer experience can be your best competitive advantage. We create long-term partnerships for lasting results.
- We draw the maps for the journeys that matter. We embrace the tension of constant innovation. We expand boundaries, iterate to learn quickly, seek meaningful change for our clients, and create new ways of working.
- We are curious and data-driven. We use analytics and research to discover insights and ideas pivotal to your success, and turn them into digital solutions.
- We are better together. We create and work in strong teams. We are inclusive because we believe that diversity makes us stronger. We support each other, ask for help, and reach out.
- Work with us and get inspired. We strive for personal growth. Generous learning and sharing is a natural part of our work. We are accountable and honest. We take ownership and lead.
Join us on the journey of bringing digital change to our customers.