Senior Unix Administator
- Incident and problem management, performance improvement
- Monitoring of servers, filesystems, CPU/memory utilization
- Patching and upgrading of Operating System, new storage addition (SAN/NAS)
- Configuration and maintenance of HA (Sun Cluster / RedHat Cluster Server) and distributed computing (HIVE) environments
- Backup support and troubleshooting
- Installation of application packages and configuration files
- Application performance issues troubleshooting
- Maintenance of servers’ configuration data collection (CMDB)
- Capacity management (reporting high memory/CPU/filesystem usage to AMs, supporting application data growth data collection)
- Cooperation and support for other infrastructure teams (Storage, Backup, Network) and their change/delivery processes
- Support for new projects related to infrastructure and/or new application environments
- Assisting with DR activities, both for infrastructure and application tasks/duties
- Every quarter working with shifts for 15-20 days: 5 days morning (6am - 2 pm), 5 days afternoon (2 pm - 10 pm), 5 days night shifts (10pm - 6 am). The schedule is flexible and can be rearranged internally. The rest of the days are standard business hours.
BE | Shaping the Future Poland has a proven position of being reliable partner for financial services organisations to analyse complex requirements, find solutions and implement them in their entirety, regardless of their complexity. Since the foundation of in 2013, we have been continually expanding and customising our spectrum of services. Today, we are privileged to have in our team the best individuals in each sector we operate within the financial services industry. For our partner, an Investment Banking Organization in Warsaw, we are hiring a Senior Unix Specialist.
The impact of COVID-19:
We are still hiring and look forward to welcoming new members. As our employees’ and candidates’ health is our top priority, we are currently conducting only online interviews and and our employees are working mostly from home. Be safe.
Who we're looking for?
- Solaris and Linux Operating Systems
- Script and Shell programming
- Mastering Cluster technologies (Sun Cluster, Red hat Cluster Server)
- Virtualization techniques (Solaris Zones, Oracle VM, RHEV, XEN, KVM, VMWare)
- Process Management Best Practices (example ITIL) and related tooling (HP SM, HP OVO, REMEDY)
- WebSphere MQ / MQFTE, Windows Operating System, Oracle databases, backup tools, automation tools (Salt, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Willingness to work on shifts
- Knowledge of Python would be an asset
- Fluency in English
How we work?
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Hot beverages
- Cold beverages
- Integration events