Join a geographically distributed team of hardcore IT professionals working on a dynamically evolving IoT solution for energy management in electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) and electric vehicles (EV).
The hardware part of the solution is a universal multi-module platform built around the ST2100 SoC (ARM926EJ-S complemented by auxiliary Cortex-M family microprocessors) with the Actor model as the core architecture framework and C/C++ as the primary tech stack running on Embedded Linux. The development follows ISO15118 group of standards in implementing the Vehicle-to-grid (V2G) interface for bidirectional charging/discharging and communication with the power grid, commercial and residential housing infrastructure to support intelligent demand/response patterns. Standardization of the implemented use cases is further achieved by following the OCPP and EEBUS specifications. REST API, MQTT and AWS Device Shadow serve as external interfaces to provide reporting and management capabilities in the cloud.Products based on the solution have been successfully deployed in the USA, European Union and Australia and serve to provide charging management for electric cars, buses, motorcycles.
- develop new and expand existing module functionality;
- write and maintain unit-tests;
- create emulators to test and validate implementation;
- cross-compile code for different platforms;
- implement user-space interactions with devices via CAN, I2C, UART;
- work on integration with various external devices (power meters, HEMS, HMI, etc);
- extend Buildroot with external packages;
- build firmware images using Jenkins CI;
- export SDKs with C/C++ bindings;
- test and debug code remotely (ssh+gdb);
- take part in debug sessions with the automotive industry leaders’ engineering teams
- Strong C11/C++14 skills;
- Experience with ARM architecture (APCS);
- Thorough understanding of the operating system/schedulers (low-level implementation of the scheduling functions) and IPC / multithreading;
- Good understanding of networking protocols L3 and below;
- Experience with Git / CMake / GCC / GDB;
- Experience in debugging embedded environments.
Nice to have:
- Powerful Linux User;
- Embedded Linux / Buildroot / Yocto experience;
- FreeRTOS experience;
- STM (ST2100) and NXP (i.MX6) MCU experience;
- Hardware interface/driver development experience (DMA, Bus mastering peripherals);
- Knowledge of Python/bash / Perl shell scripting languages;
- Experience in debugging embedded environments;
- Intermediate+ English and good communication skills.
- Code review
- Knowledge Base
- Version control: Git
- Integration tests
- Manual testing
- Automated testing
- Methodology: Scrum, Kanban
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Language courses
- Adaptation tips
- Car parking
- Integration events
- Hot beverages
- Cold beverages
Who we are
Klika Tech is an IoT & cloud product and solutions award-winning development company headquartered in the U.S. with development and management locations across North America, Europe and Asia. Klika Tech is an AWS IoT Competency, Digital CX Services Competency and an Advanced Consulting Partner in the AWS Partner Network.
Our dedicated teams are able to develop some of the most interesting technology solutions at our offices in Miami, New York, Berlin, Wroclaw, Warsaw, Krakow, Minsk and Almaty.
Why Internet of Things?
We’re helping businesses solve problems in ways never before possible. Billions of physical devices around the world are now connected to the internet transforming data into business intelligence.
IoT is a convergence of technology. It is an opportunity to develop in all directions, creating products from scratch. IoT is showing tremendous growth rates every year. Interacting devices combine into huge smart ecosystems. There’s no doubt that IoT is the future of technology.
What are our landmark projects?
• The first of its kind wheelchair solutions that uses cloud and sensor-fusion technologies to provide security, stability, and connectivity for power wheelchairs to prevent collisions.
• Industrial solutions for analyzing massive amounts of data for Predictive Maintenance and Anomaly detection.
• Smart Building solutions that lower the cost, complexity, time to transform apartment buildings into connected ecosystems.
• E-bike rental service platform: tracking, charging, and more.
How do we work within the team?
Our team takes pride in our deep technical expertise. We enable our team to earn the certifications and take the courses to gain the career skills they want.
Our well-established and successful business processes start with an in-depth onboarding program with mentoring by colleagues and carry through to goal-oriented Performance Reviews.
Our executive team is dedicated to being always accessible, including regularly-held company-wide Ask Me Anything sessions.
How do we rest?
We’re not all work - and for the enthusiastic and dedicated technologists on our teams, our work may as well be play... project teams conduct team buildings, and at the company level, we celebrate professional holidays and organize corporate events. Fun is in our DNA.