The software inside a vehicle was traditionally expected to be a very controlled and self-contained environment. Equipping cars with perception and machine intelligence changes a lot in the overall picture of the vehicle manufacturer. LUXOFT's goal is to empower our customers, with deep domain knowledge and smart solutions, to develop cars of the future. Great mechanical engineering is not the only criteria anymore for delivering the best cars in the world. Using state of the art software technologies are key to provide the requested user experience.
For the development of a next generation ECU (Electronic Control Units) responsible for basic, comfort and premium features in vehicles, we are looking for experienced embedded C++ Developer (m/f). Join our team of enthusiastic and experienced software developers in Gdansk and develop software for an entire functional area of a car, working on vital applications for a main ECU used in future vehicles of a renowned German automotive manufacturer worldwide. Develop & maintain challenging features that will be used daily by millions of drivers of vehicles hitting the roads starting from 2021.
You will work on functionalities in the following area:
- Vehicle Access (Access by Key, Smart Phone, CarSharing)
- Maintenance & development of features in C++ (digital key, smart access)
- Utilization of common design patterns as well as the advantages of object oriented programming
- Development of the robust and effective code and ensure high quality of the embedded code by performing unit tests, simulation on real data (software in the loop) as well as simulation of the software on the target embedded hardware (hardware in the loop)
- Code analysis, refactoring and optimization of a recently developed features
- Testing on embedded hardware (ECU) and analysing logs
- Ensuring high quality of the embedded code by performing unit tests, simulation on real data (software in the loop) as well as simulation of the software on the target hardware (hardware in the loop)
- Code review
- Task estimations
It is expected that with limited supervision the candidate will be able to deliver each of the key objectives of the role identified above. It is therefore expected that he or she will have:
- Academic degree in computer science, electrical engineering, telecommunication engineering or similar qualification
- Embedded C++ background (at least 3 years of experience), as well as an understanding of object oriented programming and design
- Embedded background and software debugging skills, understanding of low-level limitations and performance optimization
- Practical skills and knowledge of an system control version (e.g. GIT)
- Understanding of at least one testing framework (we use GTest and GMock)
- Experience in Linux-based OS
- Ability to follow test-driven development (TDD) approach
- Good understanding of a SCRUM framework
- Very good understanding of the software development process, preferably in the automotive area
- Strong communication skills in English (writing & speaking) along with team spirit
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Creative, results driven, self-motivated, and solutions oriented
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to adapt to business, senior stakeholders and developers
- Strong communication skills in English (writing & speaking) along with team spirit and good cultural fit
- Able to establish credibility quickly
- Excellent attention to detail but an ability to think laterally to solve business problems
- Enthusiasm for embedded systems and ideally petrol in your bloodstream
- Experience in Autosar Classic or Adaptive Autosar (AUTomotive Open System ARchitecture)
- Experience in automotive interfaces (CAN, LIN, Flexray, Ethernet)
- Experience in Scripting languages and tools (Python, bash, lua)
- Knowledge from MISRA, SOLID
- Knowledge of Automotive SPICE standard
- Professional presence in front of customer and team members
- Strong mentoring and team building skills
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, is a global digital strategy and software engineering firm with about 18,000 international employees within its 44 offices in 21 countries. It is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland.
In 2000, Luxoft was established in Moscow under the direction of Dmitry Loschinin. In 2008 it acquired ITC Networks in Bucharest. In 2013, Luxoft was listed on the New York Stock Exchange, following an initial public offering of 4.1 million shares at $17.00 per ordinary share.
In January 2019, Luxoft was acquired by U.S. company DXC Technology. Luxoft partnered with LG Electronics to create a next-generation Autonomous Mobility concept vehicle that integrates consumers' personalized digital lifestyles into a driving experience. Luxoft enabled Switzerland's first Blockchain based e-vote platform with the City of Zug and Hochschule Luzern's Blockchain Lab.
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company is a world-renowned company. It has been present on the Polish market for over 11 years. We have offices in Krakow, Warsaw, Wroclaw, and Tri-City. We employ almost 2,000 experienced experts carrying out projects for over 40 clients from the financial, automotive, medical, tourist industries, etc. We work for many international clients, including the USA, Great Britain, and Switzerland.
So far, Luxoft Poland has made a name for itself as a company that offers work on innovative projects, we offer various experiences in the field of IT, opportunities for rapid development, an extensive training program, and attractive benefits for employees.
At present, 62% of Luxoft Poland employees come from Poland, and 38% from around 50 countries, including Ukraine, Brazil, Russia, India, Belarus, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Romania, USA, etc.
At Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, as much as 85 percent of employees are experts with the "Senior" experience level, with at least five years of experience. We care about our employees, so every day we try to provide them with the best possible conditions for work and development.
Technology is our passion! We focus on top engineering talent means that you will be working with the best industry professionals from around the world. Because of that, Luxoft is a global family with an epic atmosphere – we love what we do!