Senior Python developer
- Work as part of a delivery team, collaborating with others to understand requirements, analyse and refine stories, design solutions, implement them, test them and support them in production.
- Design and develop excellent and understandable server side code. Work closely with users to gain feedback and ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Use BDD techniques, collaborating closely with users, analysts, developers and other testers. Make sure we are building the right thing.
- Write code and write it well. Be proud to call yourself a programmer. Use test driven development, write clean code and refactor constantly. Make sure we are building the thing right.
- Define and evolve the architecture of the components you are working on. Contribute to architectural decisions at a department and bank-wide level.
- Ensure that the software you build is reliable and easy to support in production. Be prepared to take your turn on call providing 3rd line support when it's needed
- Help your team build, test and release software with the short lead times and a minimum of waste. Work to develop and maintain a highly automated Continuous Delivery pipeline.
- Help create a culture of learning and continuous improvement within your team and beyond
You will be joining the dbSleuth Team within Regulatory & Cross Product Technology delivering Trader and Counterparty surveillance across all business sections. Our workload for new deliveries is high, using, React for UI development, Python/Spark/Scala for services, Hadoop Big Data and data science for anomaly detection using machine learning and also statistical risk models.
Who we're looking for?
- Senior developer skills utilizing Python fundamentals.
- Extensive experience of developing RESTful services using Flask or Django
- Extensive experience of modern Python libraries, including PySpark, Pandas numpy, scikit-learn, etc.
- Good experience of container technologies such as Kubernetes or Docker
- Good experience of creating and manipulating data on a Hadoop environment using HDFS and Impala
- A background in designing and developing high-quality server side processing in Python. An approach of ensuring code is robust, easy to navigate and with reusable components.
- Practical experience of test driven development and constant refactoring in continuous integration environment.
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- Experience working in an agile team, practicing Scrum, Kanban or XP
- Practical experience of delivering good quality code within enterprise scale development (CI/CD)
- Experience in other programing languages, specifically Java and Scala would be helpful
- Behaviour Driven Development, particularly experience of how it can be used to define requirements in a collaborative manner, ensure that the team builds the right thing and create a system of living documentation
- Knowledge gained in Financial Services environments, for example products, instruments, trade lifecycles, regulation, risk, financial reporting or accounting