Senior BigData/Scala Developer
- New feature designing and implementing
- Bug fixing
- Contributing to team meetings
Information and Documents System is a global technology change and delivery organization comprising nearly 200 individuals located mostly in Switzerland, Poland and Singapore. Providing global capturing and document processing, archiving and retrieval solutions to all business divisions focusing on supporting Legal, Regulatory and Operational functions. At the moment developing strategic greenfield project NGA aka. Next Generation Archiving to build large-scale digital archive for documents and records, that will gradually replace all existing archiving solutions in the bank, and to build an operational document store, that should become a single point of truth for document workflows. The whole system must scale linearly, be fault-tolerant, and handle petabytes of data.
The development team currently consists of 17 persons (Developers, Testers , DevOps and Business Analysts) and is located in Wroclaw. We're looking for a person who will help us to build a new, strategic and large-scale digital archiving system for our client. The project is greenfield and written fully in Scala. We use modern technologies, e.g. Scala, Akka stack, Cats, Kafka, Gatling. We are agile.
And we are working from home several days per month.
Who we're looking for?
- At least 3 years of experience building backend systems
- At least 1 year of experience working with Scala
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience with TDD and BDD programming styles
- Distributed version control: Git or Mercurial
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Be able to work in multicultural work environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self-organized and able to quickly learn new technologies and paradigms
- Experience working with Akka stack: akka, akka-streams, akka-http
- Willingness to work with/learn FP libraries like Cats, Monix, Simulacrum, etc.
- Experience working with distributed messaging systems such as Kafka, MQE, Rabbitmq, etc.
- Experience working with search engine technologies like ElasticSearch or Solr
- Experience working with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, TeamCity
- Experience working with Docker